QinetiQ North America delivers world-class technology and revolutionary products to defense, security and commercial markets worldwide. Our offerings range from survivability and unmanned systems to power, controls, sensors and transportation solutions. Customers rely on our products to increase readiness, improve mission effectiveness, streamline operations, increase situational awareness and enhance security.
At QinetiQ-NA, you’ll find a dedicated and talented team of people who enjoy their work and take pride in their accomplishments. As a member of our team,
you’ll work with cutting-edge technology and some of the industry’s most brilliant minds. We offer a comprehensive, flexible benefit package including tuition assistance and career development opportunities. If you’re interested in working for a technology-driven company that is the leader in its industry...but one that maintains the fast-paced, creative environment of a start-up...QinetiQ-NA is the right place for you
QinetiQ North America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or gender identity.
U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident Status is required.
Work in a fast-paced environment, participating on engineering teams designing, testing, integration, and development support of next generation robotic systems for the U.S. Military. The systems engineer is responsible for logical and systematic transformation of customer requirements and needs into a total system solution using the best of practice processes and techniques. The candidate will be the primary technical interface with the customer on all processes involved in systems engineering. They will be a hands-on person that will work closely with multi-disciplined integrated product teams consisting of program managers, software, mechanical, electrical, process, and manufacturing engineers throughout the product’s lifecycle including requirements development, design, verification/validation, deployment and sustainment.
The candidate will be capable of performing a wide range of systems engineering functions, including requirements management, verification and validation (V&V), and test engineering, using expert knowledge of systems engineering or systems engineering management processes to guide product development teams. Knowledge and experience in systems engineering is also desired in the following areas: mission requirements analysis, system hierarchy and specification tree development, functional analysis, systems integration, requirements flowdown and allocation, trade studies, system synthesis, configuration definition and management, risk analysis, and hazard analysis.
This candidate must have a proven track record as a systems engineer working on DoD development programs or in the field of robotics. This person may also support systems logistics and lifecycle management tasks as well as support various process improvement initiatives within the group.
Duties may include:
• The development of requirements, technical analyses against requirements, and requirements traceability.
• The development of system test/validation documentation, safety analysis reports, system FMEAs, and system FTAs
• Creating product design description documentation
• Support the development of software test plans and test applications
• Running a system reliability program; gathering and analyzing reliability data
• Managing key product performance factors at a system level
• Support testing, debug, and production of digital and analog systems and modules
• Verifying and validating system and component performance to specifications
• Support development of test fixtures to validate complex systems, subsystems, and components
• Support software troubleshooting and resolving issues
• Support implementing and updating design processes
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering , Electrical-Mechanical Engineering, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering; MS preferred.
• At least five to ten years of relevant industry experience
• Experience with fielded DOD systems and/or prior work in the field of robotics
• Solid engineering background
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment
• Ability to work independently and manage priorities and tasks over multiple projects
• Experience requirements management and traceability
• Experience with validation of complex systems
• Strong knowledge of electrical hardware and software design and development
• Experience in system reliability analysis using both calculated and measured data
• Working knowledge of Military Standards, such as MIL-STD-882, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464
• Experience generating an FMEA and supporting data, along with proposing improvements based on FMEA output
• Familiar with test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, signal sources, spectrum analyzers, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with DOORS or an equivalent Requirement Management tool
• Knowledge and experience with DOD, SAE, IEEE, and/or IPC standards
• Working knowledge with LINUX and WINDOWS Operation Systems
• Experience with of embedded device such as Microcontrollers, DSPs, or FPGAs with VHDL or Verilog
• Experience with software programming (C, C++ and/or C#)
• Experience with sensor integration and signal conditioning
• Experience with machine automation and/or integration with automotive or military vehicles
• Experience with integration of radio communications and/or knowledge of RF / wireless principals
• Familiarity with CMMI Level 3 Processes
• Experience design test fixtures
• Experience with Windchill and Windchill Quality Solutions
• Familiar with Data Collection and Analysis tools – MATLAB, LabView
• Working knowledge of Electrical Engineering Computer Aided Design (ECAD) tools – ORCAD, Altium, PADS, etc.
• Working knowledge of Mechanical Engineering Computer Aided Design (MCAD) tool – PTC Creo, Solidworks, etc.
• Occasional domestic travel (< 10%) may be required
• Occasional international travel (< 5%) may be required
• Frequent local travel within Massachusetts and neighboring states may be required