Job Title: Senior Principal Marine Maritime Engineer.
QinetiQ North America delivers world-class technology and revolutionary products to defense, security and commercial markets worldwide. Our offerings range from survivability and unmanned systems to power, controls, sensors, and transportation solutions. Customers rely on our products to increase readiness, improve mission effectiveness, streamline operations, increase situational awareness and enhance security.
At QinetiQ North America, you'll find a dedicated and talented team of people who enjoy their work and take pride in their accomplishments. As a member of our team, you'll work with cutting-edge technology and some of the industry's most brilliant minds. We offer a comprehensive, flexible benefit package including tuition assistance and career development opportunities.
If you're interested in working for a technology-driven company that is the leader in its industry, but one that maintains the fast-paced, creative environment of a start-up, QinetiQ North America is the right place for you !
QinetiQ North America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or gender identity.
* Any external applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
* Position requires U.S. citizenship.
This person would be a lead engineer for QinetiQ North America’s Maritime Solutions group located in Waltham MA. In this position this person would lead design teams to develop solutions for the Navy and for commercial customers. Typical types of projects would be to develop Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUV), submersible autonomous platforms with various payloads such as Radar, Sonar and a various sensors.
As lead engineer you would use your vast knowledge of maritime engineering solutions to interface with customers to help them develop requirements and propose solutions to meet their needs. This person will drive the ideation effort by acting as a marine systems architect to outline major components and interfaces to best meet the project’s requirements. He/She will direct various engineering disciplines including mechanical, electrical, and software to translate requirements into product.
This position will also support business development working with group management and business development to analyze the market to understand current needs and future trends.
This person will provide input and recommendations for Internal Research And Development (IRAD) projects to support QNA Maritime product growth.
Support business development growth by researching and responding to customer solicitations such as government Broad Area Announcements (BAA), RFI and RFPs.
Specific Duties :
* Provide systems level design for variety of maritime systems.
* System level modeling and analysis.
* Lead design teams.
* Trade studies.
* Write White Papers and Proposals.
* Interface with customers.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Track record of developing innovative maritime solutions for complex problems.
* Experience in designing and deploying Maritime Products such as UUVs, ROVs or similar systems that have had to function in ocean including deep water applications.
* Define and decompose system requirements and functional system requirements, documents specifications, identifies requirements flow down, design and architecture development, and requirements traceability.
* Strong communications skills (written or oral) to lead design teams and interface with customers.
* Experience with underwater acoustics.
* Experience in a design role preferably of low volume high-value machinery and/or equipment.
* Good understanding of pressure vessel design, analysis, and testing.
* Analytical Software such as MATLAB & Simulink.
Desired Skills & Experience:
* Previous experience in design of Unmanned Underwater Vehicles.
* Experience selecting materials for underwater applications.
* Experience developing electromechanical designs for surface and subsurface applications.
* Experience operating UUV or ROVs in the environment.
* Industry-side DoD acquisition experience strongly desired.
* Industry maritime program manager experience strongly desired.
* Experience with DARPA or Officer of Naval Research (from either industry or government side) is highly desired.
* 10 – 20 years as design engineer on primarily Maritime products and solutions.
* MS or PHD in Engineering discipline.
* Must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents and be able to obtain a secret level security clearance.