QinetiQ North America delivers world-class technology and revolutionary products to defense, security and commercial markets worldwide. Our offerings range from survivability and unmanned systems to power, controls, sensors, and transportation solutions. Customers rely on our products to increase readiness, improve mission effectiveness, streamline operations, increase situational awareness and enhance security.
At QinetiQ North America, you'll find a dedicated and talented team of people who enjoy their work and take pride in their accomplishments. As a member of our team, you'll work with cutting-edge technology and some of the industry's most brilliant minds. We offer a comprehensive, flexible benefit package including tuition assistance and career development opportunities. If you're interested in working for a technology-driven company that is the leader in its industry, but one that maintains the fast-paced, creative environment of a start-up, QinetiQ North America is the right place for you.
QinetiQ North America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or gender identity.
Any external applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
Position requires U.S. citizenship.
* Work in a fast-paced environment, on a leading engineering team to field the next generation robotic systems for the U.S. Military.
* The staff software engineer will be responsible for large-scale problem solving and the advanced implementation of Robot protocols.
* Candidates will be able to design new subsystems for robot platforms as well as control applications for their related control stations.
* Tasks also include designing/developing controls/interfaces to robot payloads including pan/tilt cameras, manipulators and environmental sensors.
* Conduct software requirements reviews, preliminary and critical design reviews, and software acceptance reviews.
* Support other engineers in the use of the developed API.
* Participate in field data collection and experimentation, analysis, and reporting.